Thursday, May 10, 2018

Day 3 10 May

Still motoring with the main up. winds still very light. Another beautiful sunny day. Checked the fuel situation -still good only used 1/4 tank in 43 hours of motor sailing. We are all well, catching up on sleep. Dennis actually had coffee today, must mean seasickness is not a worry. I finally caved and had a diet coke - yay bye bye headache. Don't feel like I drink enough caffeine to have withdrawals, but there you are.
Feels a little warmer, must be the north aspect of the wind.? Last night was pretty comfortable on the midnight to 0300 watch. Everyone is in shirt sleeves today.
Crew is being fed well which is probably the only real upside to no wind. I made fried chicken with salad last night and huevos rancheros for brunch today. Thinking I should have brought more fruit - oh well we definitely are not going to starve. Tonight's menu is shepherds pie.
Another positive of flat motor sailing (and did I say it looks like a lake out there?) is that i was easily able to wash my hair - no hot water but still felt good. haha its the small things right?
oh the glamorous life of crossings. Some people have deep thoughts, but not me - I think about what to cook and when to sleep. Kind of refreshing to be forced to not worry about anything but those things. Trying to live in the now and enjoy what we have no way of changing.
yep off for a nap before starting dinner.

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment