Saturday, May 12, 2018

saturday 23 May

Nothing exciting to report unless you consider a broken toilet (head) exciting. good thing we have two as the sea state and point of sail are not conducive to boat projects at the moment.
The sea is that beautiful blue color that blue water cruising gets its name from. it is still sunny and pretty warm. THe high that is currently beating us up is pulling up a little of the cool wind from the south. Dennis says we will know we have gotten thru the high when it warms up more.
So yeah, still motor-sailing trying to get to the east as much as possible, wind has gotten stronger 15- 20 kts, but straight from the N/ NE, sigh.... one day i will have a behind the beam crossing - it could happen. haha. Josh knows what I mean. I have to say though that the new side coverings I made for the cockpit are pretty awesome. definitely not pretty, but hey we are dry and that is a major plus. We've been having water over the bow since last night. so score one for me and my sailrite!!

For lots of different reasons - mostly the point of sail we are currently on, we are going to go to Minerva reef - look it up. a place to anchor in the middle of the ocean. Way cool I think. We hope to be there by Tuesday and will stay until Friday or Saturday.

ok, that's us for now. we are hunkered down and holding on for the ride. Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful moms out there. I hope you get lots of hugs and I love yous.

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

1 comment: