Sunday, November 4, 2018

fij to NZ day 4

We interrupt this passage for 3 hours of maintenance.....

Winds stayed up through the night, but started to settle after sunrise, by 1130am it was pretty nice except no wind. gotta love it 30 kts to 7 kts in less than 8 hours. So, we had a nice lunch of chicken curry and then put up the full main with the stay and full jib. Since we were flat so I could cook, we decided to do some chores. I cleaned the kitchen sink (which was so gross it made me want to hurl), and because we are flat was able to open the drains yay! I applied more silicone to the port cabin port hole - that's a new issue. And the biggest yuckiest chore - Dennis fixed the aft toilet (yuck!). He gets lots of points in the "atta boy" column for that. Meanwhile I washed down the cockpit and finally when it was all said and done, we had showers. OM,G the best shower ever. So we are well fed, clean and have a functioning aft head. The interior is mostly dried out - haven't looked to hard at the port cabin, cuz really what can I do at this point? All is definitely well now. Of course there is still no wind, so we are motor sailing.

We did comment that it seems that we haven't gotten very far for how fast we were going, only like 350 miles, but that is as the crow flies and I think we did a bit of an arc. Anyway I will enjoy the ride while it lasts.

----------
Sent via SailMail, http://www.sailmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment