Saturday, June 8, 2013

T minus 1 do over

Okay, so maybe we were a little optimistic - We are cruisers it comes with the territory.  Lots got done today, but not enough to depart the dock tomorrow.  So, tomorrow we will hit it hard again and try to head out of here (the dock) on Sunday.  Except for tortillas - my provisioning is done. YAY!  Was a shopping day to put even the most avid shopper to shame - 3 dock carts to get it from the van to the boat.  The boat's need list still has a few items left - propane, ATF, distilled water to name a few.
Highlight of my day was putting my work phone and computer in the mail!  I feel a little nekkid without the phone, but it is all good.  Dennis and Josh have phones that will work a little longer, so we will manage to get by I am sure.
The cable box - read internet access - has to go back tomorrow.  I think that will be the hardest for Josh.  The computer has been his lifeline to friends over the last 18 months.  It will be a real adjustment for him to be unable to chat with his buds every day.
So, off to bed to rest up for another pre cruise work day.  I will probably be updating by SSB from now on.  Thanks to those of you who have sent emails.  Our inbox was full tonight - cool!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah - almost done! Looking forward to sailing with Evergreen again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - looking forward to following you guys heading South. Fair Winds and Following Seas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be great to keep track of you, wish I was there in person but..... I'll see you on the other end. :)

    ReplyDelete